Friday, July 22, 2005

 

Preamble

Before putting thoughts on anything else, I'll just say what I know & think of myself. I'm Aparna, originally from a small village near Mangalore, now working as a communication engineer in Ittiam Systems-a DSP sw/IP company in Bangalore. In all packet based communication systems, there is a portion called 'preamble' which gives kind of intro to the packet. Hence the title of this post. Also coincidentally, the blog name is same as what Ittiam stands for-"I think therefore I am".
My nickname is Appu, used only by a privileged few people, who just happen to be my close friends. I'm the kind of person who might be a little complicated to understand in the beginning, but I get easier with time. I'm putting conscious efforts to reduce that time. I think every human being should be simple and approachable for fellow humans. Then life will be much simpler and enjoyable.
I did my schooling in government schools near my village(Kannada Medium). Studied PU Course (11th and 12th as some people call it) in Canara PU College, Mangalore. From a timid, shy village girl, I slowly transformed into a confident, extrovert engineer from KREC (Now NITK), Surathkal in 2002. Had got placed in Ittiam through campus placement process. I have completed 3 years in the industry and I think it is not at all so bad as it is being projected by media and some ignorant population. I have enjoyed every moment of working; have I? No, I won't say that. I believe that joys and sorrows should go hand in hand, otherwise we won't realize the importance of either of them.
Music is my utmost priority in life. I had learnt Carnatic classical vocal for sometime (Just enough to pass Junior exam), without having any purpose (I was too young for that I guess then : during my early teenage). After I came to Bangalore in 2002 for 1.5 years I just did timepass (TP), freaking out to hotels and measuring the breadth and length of ring roads. I started driving my TVS Victor in Dec 2002 and so was completely busy exploring all roads in and around Bangalore with some like-minded friends for about an year. Soon the enthu reduced and around Jan, 2004 I started thinking about what exactly is my passion. I took about a couple of months to decide and on March 22, 2004-just a day before I turned 23-started with my Veena lessons. I was still not sure whether I have the perseverence required. So what I did? went on telling everyone that I've started learning Veena. You see, I'm a kind of proud person. Under any circumstances, I would not let myself down. Once I say something so loud, I'm forced to sustain it. It really helped. It's already 1 year 4 months and I've progressed a lot. Now I'm sure that I'll do my best to learn as much as I can get from my teacher. In the beginning I had many dreams which were fame oriented. I was always thinking of learning for about 4-5 years and giving concerts. But two things changed my perspective completely. One is my Sir himself, who is quiet and alone, always playing music for his own satisfaction. He was very famous and successful once upon a time; now he is too old for any public performances. But before becoming successful, he was not very keen on getting success, just worshipped music for his internal pleasure. He tells me his stories once in a while and I am inspired by them. Another thing is a book "Success Vs Joy" by Geeth Sethi and Sunil Agarwal. The book basically tells that Joy is more important and not the Success. The latter does not ensure the former. Should you choose between the two, you better choose the former. So, now I'm worshipping music with the right funda in mind. Ok, I've to get to work now.
Bye...

Comments:
Tried to understand the contents of preamble to know about the packet/frame. Surely this preamble has come here without any CRC errors !!
Blogs are good ways to express feelings some times. Keep bloging.
 
Thanks Amar, That is the first comment I received.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
did u check with ur HR..if u use the linguistically altered copyright name of theirs....;)...btw gud start..keep blogging..guess this is the open space for all of us to think n let the world know how u feel abt it...

3:27 AM
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]