Thursday, September 25, 2008

 

No Title

This was originally written for firstwritings.blogspot.com, on 7th July, 2008

Why should a post have title? Hence I have kept the title as "No title".

This blog is started by a friend, who is a first time blogger, for (I suppose) first time writers. I being a non-first-timer, was hesitant to accept the invitation. But then, is there a rule that a first-timer only should join this? Even if there was, why shouldn't one break it? By the way, my other blog is aparnack.blogspot.com. Unfortunately, I forgot the password and can't post anymore.

I appreciate the beauty of the name of this blog, "Life - a beautiful play". For the one who came up with this phrase, life looks like a play, a beautiful play I suppose. But then, we never take a play seriously, do we? May be sometimes; when we play for prizes, trophies etc? yes, we do. Should we or shouldn't we? Do we play for winning or enjoying? Do we ever play for losing?

I think (forgive me for my over-abundant "I think"s), the theme of this post is going to be "purpose of game of life". What do I think is the purpose of life? This is not a precise question. I can not think what is the purpose of life, I can only think about the purpose of my life. I have already thought about it and the answer is "No purpose", exactly like how this post's title was "No title"!

After about 2-3 years of contemplation, I've come to a conclusion that I play game of life neither for winning, nor for losing, nor for enjoying. The moment I want something from life, I am going to eventually lose. Even the constant urge to be happy, to enjoy is going to ultimately cause sorrow. The desire to be detached from/dispassionate about life itself is a form of attachment/passion. The passion to achieve something, which is very tough to achieve. Hence, all that I could conclude was that I can not conclude anything; I can not find the purpose of my life, at least not so soon and not with ease. Probably, it is not necessary to have a purpose for one's life. Just go on living life the way it happens; the way which seems correct at that point of time.

Comments:
Dear Aparna,

Its very easy to find the purpose of life... i have stated this as a comment to one of your previous blogs...i will put it here again...

I dont have an answer to that questino... but rather, a question!

"How would you like yourself to be remembered as?"

I leave it to you to figure that out...

Regards,
Pradeep
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]